March 2012 - Adicio Classified Release Notes
Online Classified Solutions – Back-Office Enhancements
Adicio continues to make a number of improvements to our back-office tools in SiteManager so that our clients can quickly make necessary changes and adjustments in a timely manner.
- Communiplex Manager: As part of our Real Estate rentals and new homes platform, we offer a special kind of Marketing Profile to highlight the benefits and amenities at the Apartment Complex level or New Home Community level. These “Communiplexes” previously were managed only in the front-end, when logged in as the owner of the profile. We’ve now added a SM2 tool to allow client site admin's to create, edit, and delete communiplexes without having to go through the front-end or having an Adicio admin manually make the changes for orphaned profiles.
- Upgrades Report: All SM2 users who have access to the Product Sales Report will now also have access to a special Upgrades Report where can see upgrade activities for their sites. This will allow clients to easily see all upgrades that were purchased-and-applied during a specific time period.
More Faceted Search Enhancements
Faceted Search has now been rolled out to all three verticals: Careers, Real Estate, and Motors. We love getting feedback from our clients, and now with all three verticals looking at it, we continue to get great suggestions that will benefit all of our clients. With this release, we’ve added three more features that came directly from client feedback, and we’ve rolled them out to all three verticals simultaneously.
- County Facet: Not to be confused with Country, we now have a new facet available for Counties. Seekers on all online classified verticals can narrow their results down to the county that they want to live in, work in, or buy in. This new facet works not only for the United States, but also for any listings you internationally, where counties are especially important in drilling down to the right location.
- Location Mash-up Facet: With all these new Location facets, we’ve had some great feedback that it’s becoming a little overwhelming to end-users if they are all turned on. We now have a new single location facet that is built by mashing-up a combination of our standard location facets. Adicio clients can customize this location mash-up facet however they want, and seekers can easily find listings according to their preferred location. You can even turn off all the other location facets, and name this new facet “Location” for a single facet to control all location filtering.
- Sort by Post Type: With our new Sorting options that were released a few months ago, we included the ability for our clients to specify and configure the exact sorting options they wanted. With Post Type, we quickly got feedback that alphabetical sorting was not good enough, as Manual postings would never be at the top of the list. We’ve enhanced sorting so that Clients can now further specify exactly how they want listings to display on their site.
- Google +1 Button on Details pages. Much like the Facebook Like button, the new Google +1 button allows seekers to publically vote up and recommend a particular web page with their friends, contacts and the rest of the world. We’ve added this new button to all of the details pages for all three verticals: Jobs, Homes, Vehicles, Companies, Agents, and Dealers. This button will be on by default in order to improve Social Media Optimization (SMO), and can be turned off by contacting your Account Manager. And yes, this +1 button has also been added to both our Desktop and Mobile versions.
Our Mobile platform rolled out last year to all three verticals as a free enhancement to our entire product family. Since the 1.0 release, we’ve seen an increase in use and feedback as Mobile continues to grow in importance for all of our clients. We’re continuing to enhance Mobile, and with this release have added a few of the most-requested features that we’ve received feedback on.
- National/Regional Networks on Careers Mobile: We’ve added National Job Network and Regional Job Network tabs to mobile search results on Careers Mobile. This gives mobile users the ability to see all the jobs up-sold into our national and regional networks, giving that up-sell greater visibility and value.
- Careers Company Logos: We’ve had success with the way we are highlighting advertisers on their Real Estate and Motors listing details pages, so we’ve made some changes to Careers company logos on job detail page to match the other two verticals. This gives consistent branding for advertisers between both desktop and mobile versions, as well as consistent advertiser value across all verticals.
- Mobile Logo URL: We’ve added the ability to specify the URL to go to when users click on the mobile main site logo. This allows our Client's the ability to link their mobile main site logo to any other site they wish, including a parent mobile site if they have one.
- Favicon: Clients can now specify the icon to use when users bookmark their mobile site. These changes can easily be made through Template Manager, and allow our clients to completely control the mobile experience for users who bookmark their mobile site.
- Customizable Menu: We now have a customizable menu for our mobile application, much like the customizable menu on our Desktop platform. The default menu looks and acts exactly like the old one, but it is now filled with added flexibility so that clients can add off-site URLs to the menu, rename any of the items in the menu, and reorder each item so that they show up in the order our client’s desire. Using this menu to link all of your mobile sites together is a great way to unify your growing mobile presence. In addition, if there is some particular search that you’d like to highlight, you can now add it to the main menu.
- Mobile Social Media: Social Media is rapidly growing, especially in the Mobile world. We’ve added all of the social media buttons that we have available on our Desktop platform to our mobile detail pages. These buttons include Facebook Like, Twitter, and Google+1 so that mobile users can share content on mobile just as they can on Desktop.
- REMINDER – Get the details on our Mobile Mini Sites right here. Your advertisers can reach a mobile audience with their classified program like never before with this affordable and simple product: http://www.adicio.com/MobileMiniSites
If you’re a current Adicio client, contact your account manager to answer any questions on these releases.
If you are not an Adicio client, simply fill out the contact us form on this page and we’ll show you how to launch or enhance a profitable online classified solution.